Today there are multiple CSS frameworks, pre-processors, grids and naming strategies that can be used to organize your codebase. The question is, how do you sort through all the noise and figure out which of theses new CSS coding strategies and tools are best for your specific project and how do you combine them in order to create the best environment for styling?
Topics of Discussion:
- What is a… and why do I need it?
1. Frameworks (CSS)
3. Naming Methodologys
- How do you choose?
- Reasons for choosing certain tools for certain projects over others
- Examples of sample codebases and explanations behind them
- Integration and Combination Strategies
- Combining tools and strategies with each other (ex. Using Sass @extends to pull bootstrap components into a custom style)
- Figuring out how to customize naming strategies or tools for your project
- Determining what information or content is useful when researching and using methodologies and tools